This section details how to setup an initial PayPal account for either Region or Unit use.
How to setup PayPal:
- Go to http://PayPal.com
- Use your official Unit treasurer email address (if you have one) when you register your Unit PayPal account.
- Select “Business”
- Select “Standard $0.00/month” Option
- At “Sign up for PayPal Payments Standard”,
- Select “Create New Account”, establish “Business Location” and “Language”, select “Create New Account”
- Create “Login Information”, “Business Type” can be “Non-Profit”
- Complete “Business Information”
- Agree & Continue
That completes your PayPal account. To enable the transfer of funds from PayPal to your bank account, set up payment solutions.
- Select “Manage My Money”, Add your Bank Account Information, and Select “Link your Bank Account”. Then, confirm your bank account.
- If you wish to use a mobile Credit Card Scanner, proceed to set up “PayPal Here” and obtain your (currently free) card reader.
Compiled by Ron Gordy, Region 5 and Central Indiana Unit Treasurer